Reach Panggung Bandaraya at around 3.30pm, and i was just in time to get in before the doors are seal. Just as i touch down onto the seat, lights dim and it started. I was in-time for the 2nd performer Lim Chia Chien.

As she performs, The alarm suddenly make a havoc!!
Winnie being the 3rd on the list, is a reli gud fren and poses Jedi-level piano skills. We met during 1st year when ChiewHwa brought me into the team to join a song composing competition in UM. She's a magnificent pianist, very steady player. I've always enjoy listenin to her works. Her touch is firm, and each note sounded solid and powerful. However, its rainin super heavily during her session, and the lightning sum how trigger the alarm into a menace!! AND yet, she steadily continue onto her songs without any mistakes!!! BRAVO!! I've gotta say, she's the best!!

Winnie, the magnificent!!
It was a long break then before the recital continues. So me, dickson and yongsin went off to the nearest McD to grap our lunch and to tapao food to the others. And eventually, time slips as we chatter, we just manage to rush back in time before the next session.

People rushing out to take photos!!
Running down the list was ChiewHwa, an innovative song composer, SiewMay, my apparent sister, and Raymond, the only boy in 05/06 batch of Performing Arts (Music) Degree.

Taking their last shot for the nite on the stage.
Altogether, i like Winnie and ChiewHwa's songs, as it is more technical and i like the spontaneous of unsual tunes. Winnie played
SERGEI PROKOFIEV (1891-1953)What i really like was Raymond the last performer of the night. He has a really nice touch on dynamics, when melodies cud felt as light as a feather, and sometimes solid and round. He has that special touch that gives a very beautiful TONE which sum don't. Although from wat i heard from YongSin is that it was not the best of him yet, as he tends to be forgetful. LoL
Sonata No.6 in A major, Op. 82
I. Allegro Moderato
EDVARD GRIEG (1843-1907)
Lyric Pieces
I. Butterfly, Op. 43 No.1
II. Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4
GEORGE FR. HANDEL (1685-1759)
Suite No.3 in D minor, HWV 428
I. Prelude/Presto
II. Allegro
III. Allemande
IV. Courante
V. Air
VI. Double 1 to 5
VII. Presto
GEORGE GERSHWIN (1898-1937)
Three Preludes for Piano
I. Allegro ben ritmato e deciso
II. Andante con moto e poco rubato
III. Allegro ben ritmato e deciso

SiewMay, she was doin her very best ;)
The nite ended with lotsa camera flashes, group photos here and ther. While the committee packs up, we went back into the stage to get sum final shots. I liked the environment of this theater very much, both for the romantic lightings and the euro architectural interior.

A glimpse from the stage.
沒有留言:
張貼留言